Online Coaching FAQ
What is RTC?
RTC is professional fitness and nutrition coaching, expertly delivered, personalized to your goals. Where, when and how YOU want and need.
One-on-One Personal, Small Group, Online, and Team Training along with Nutritional Coaching, Program Design, and Transformation Programs are all services offered through RTC.
RELENTLESS: Steady and persistent; unyielding in severity
TRAINING: The acquisition of knowledge, skills, and competencies
CORPS: A military subdivision engaged in battle
What is a Stength and Conditioning Specialist?
Many people call themselves “personal trainers”, but what does that really mean? Do you know anything about their training? What is their education? Are they certified to offer fitness coaching by a reputable organization? How can you know they actually know what they are talking about?
At RTC, you can train in confidence as our trainers are certified as Strength and Conditioning Specialists by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). The NSCA requires extensive training and testing, a bachelor’s degree, as well as rigorous continuing education, in order to become and remain certified. There are many organizations available for people to get a certificate allowing them to offer advice and training, but we offer the “gold standard” within the fitness and nutrition industry by becoming a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the NSCA.
Will I be working with a certified nutritionist?
Yes, while there are many certification organizations out there, we have chosen to be certified through Precision Nutrition (Pn). We chose Pn because of their focus on providing nutrition information, with practical application, producing lasting results. As Pn1 Certified Nutritionist, we can provide verifiable nutritional information, meal plan guidance, nutritional obstacle management, and habit accountability to help people reach their health goals
What is RTC to Go?
You have heard of personal trainers, right? Well, we are different. Our “trainers” are actually coaches with 4-year degrees in exercise and/or nutrition, experienced in athletics and weight loss. We offer more services and provide a better experience than a traditional personal trainer. Plus, we are not bound by location. We are where you are!
With the convenience of online coaching, RTC provides platforms for fitness training and nutrition coaching to accelerate healthy living. Through our RTC App, we equip our clients with:
- Personalized exercise programs
- Video demonstrations of the exercises
- Video recording for technique feedback
- Ability to track results for exercises week-to-week
- Progress pictures
- Systematic and individualized nutrition coaching, recipes, and meal plans
- Accountability check-ins via the RTC app (daily), phone calls (bi-weekly), and Skype meetings (monthly)
- Assessment and results tracking (i.e. measurements, body fat, weight, movement/mobility, flexibility, endurance and strength)
- Email support
- Food diaries
- Facebook groups for additional encouragement and support
What is the RTC App?
The RTC App is a support platform which allows us to better interact with our clients through:
- Demo videos and descriptions of exercises
- Side-by-side feedback on exercise technique through video recording & uploading
- Nutrition lessons and meal plans
- Easy-to-use food and exercise logs
- Recording and viewing the progression of measurements, body fat, weight, and other assessments as well as storing progress pictures
- Regular reminders and check-in notifications which help provide much needed accountability.
What if I don’t want to or can’t use the app, or if the app stops working, will I still be able to do online training?
Yes. The app is just a great means for supporting your journey, but we have ways to coach even without it.
If you cannot use the app for some reason, you will still have the ability to use your own individual login to the RTC Member Portal. This will allow you access to your coaching information (exercise programs, forms, nutrition lessons, daily habits, etc.).
Also, through the portal you can print your programs (with pictures), nutrition lessons, and meal plans to take with you.
If you cannot login for some reason, your coach can also access your portal and email you the programs (with pictures), nutrition lessons, and meal plans.
Without the RTC app, you can still be coached, but email will be the primary platform.
How does RTC to Go actually operate?
- Through a personal, one-on-one, consultation, you will choose a package that best fits your goals (Program Design, Blue, Gold, or Platinum).
- Payment will be taken (typically through PayPal).
- The package chosen determines what support you will receive from your coach. There is no sense in paying for something that will not accelerate the journey of reaching your goals.
- Upon receiving payment, you will receive an email welcoming you into the Corps. If you buy a blue, gold, or platinum package you will also receive your login details for the app and membership portal.
- After logging in, you will be prompted, within a couple days, to complete some forms.
- After the forms are completed, you gain access to your exercise program and nutritional coaching plan.
- You will receive daily check-in reminders to help maintain accountability and consistence in the RTC app.
- You will also gain access to the RTC Facebook Group providing additional support and community with others who have goals common to your own.
- E-mail support with your RTC Coach (within guidelines based on the chosen package).
Additionally, with the Gold and Platinum packages:
- Scheduled weekly or bi-weekly phone call check-in appointments. Clients are able to schedule these through Calendly.
- With the Gold or Platinum package, a monthly/6-Week assessment via video chat (i.e. Skype) is provided. This assessment is for body measurements, body fat, weight, mobility and flexibility. We can also discuss in more detail the challenges in the exercise or nutrition program, and life events.
How do I know what package I need?
It depends on your goals, your nutritional and exercise experience and knowledge, and how much support and accountability you would need to reach your goals. Schedule a consultation with a coach and we can guide you to making the right choice.
How will RTC to Go keep me motivated?
Obviously, there are many cost and convenience advantages to “remote” training. However, it can be difficult for some to stay motivated. It can be difficult to keep people motivated even when we see them every day. The truth is, at some point during your day, you are faced with a choice between 2 desires:
What you want NOW versus what you want MOST. Immediate gratification or delayed satisfaction.
RTC cannot make the decisions for you; no one can. And, we won’t try to convince you that we can keep you motivated. What we can promise is to provide you with every tool you need to motivate and encourage you in making the right choices toward reaching your long-term fitness and nutrition goals.
Accountability is critical to motivation.
We can’t always be motivated to do what we ought. When motivation is waning then discipline takes over.
How is the 3-Month Transformation Program different than RTC to Go?
The 3-Month Transformation Program is an option for those on a limited budget who need less rigorous and specialized training.
The 3-Month Transformation Program is a self-sustained and pre-designed program that includes:
- Access to the features in the RTC App
- General (not specific) exercise programming
- General (not specific) nutrition coaching via:
- Daily habits
- Nutrition lessons
- Meal plans and guides
- Progress updates
- Self-assessments (i.e. measurements and weight)
To select the 3-Month Transformation program, click here, fill out the required information at the bottom of the page, submit, and then complete payment through PayPal.
A 2-week free trail is available with the 3-month transformation program using the RTC app. You can cancel anytime within that 2-week period. Your card will not be charged until after 2 weeks.
What if I have a technical problem with the app or online portal?
If you have a technical problem, try:
- Logging out of the app/portal and log back in.
- Restart your phone, tablet, or computer
- Clear browsing data and cookies on internet browser
- Clear cache in phone application settings
- Delete the app from your phone, then reinstall it. Don’t worry, you should not lose any of your information on the app. If you need the link to reinstall it then email RTC.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties, send RTC an email with the details and we will work with you to get the issues resolved.
What if I don’t have internet access at the gym I train in, can I still view my programs?
Yes. When you have internet access, you can download your program (in the app) to your phone so you can view it anytime and anywhere.
What are the “rules” for the unlimited email support?
The email support is “unlimited” only in this regard:
- Only one email can be sent per week
- Each email is in bullet point format
- Each bullet point is no more than 3 sentences
- Your coach will respond to the emails once or twice per week at predetermined times, so you will know when to expect a response.
- You CAN have as many bullet points as you want in the email.
Do I have to pay for shipping for the products in the gold and platinum packages?
No. We take care of the shipping for you!